Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Time Trials - Step up or cancellations

Time Trials - Step up or cancellations 4 months 2 weeks ago #4696

• Jonathan Cox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi Folks

We have had to make the unfortunate decision to cancel the TT scheduled for tomorrow night on safety grounds due to a lack of marshalls.

I have spent some time discussing the situation with Trevor this evening and in order to avoid such short notice cancellations in future we have decided that the go / no-go decision will be made at 5:00pm on Saturday before the next Time Trial.

The decision will be quite clear - if we do not have sufficient marshalls confirmed by 5:00pm then the following week's TT will be cancelled The basis for this timeline is
(i) to ensure that notification of the cancellation can be provided in good time to all involved and
(ii) to allow racers to participate in other local TTs

There have been a number of suggestions about how to respond to the situation on the other thread (thank you for those who have commented) and we will pick up this discussion in preparation for next year - but we would dearly like to be able to complete the remainder of this season. I would urge everyone in the club to consider when they can help and to contact Trevor to sign up to a marshalling slot. Trevor has spent a huge amount of time trying to recruit marshalls for events over the last few weeks so let's each one of us make an effort to call Trevor rather than waiting for him to call us.

I am sure that we can resolve this situation - but each of us needs to take action because it will not happen if we leave it to somebody else

Thanks very much
Jonathan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time Trials - Step up or cancellations 4 months 2 weeks ago #4697

• martinsmith
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I appreciate it’s a moving target but can we see a current list of vacant slots?

Time Trials - Step up or cancellations 4 months 2 weeks ago #4698

• Jonathan Cox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi Martin

No we do not have a mechanism at the moment for tracking marshalling slits in real time.

What I can tell you is that there are slots for all the remaining TTs this season - so you will have your pick of dates.

The best thing to do at the moment is to ring Trevor as he has all the details. If he is not in he will call you back.

Thanks

Time Trials - Step up or cancellations 4 months 2 weeks ago #4699

• robg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Well, actually I've been trying to include that in the TT calendar (helpers column), but not always up to date. I've talked with Trevor today, and any future helpers who have committed are listed now, vacant positions mean we haven't yet got anyone (which applies to most TTs).
Rob

Time Trials - Step up or cancellations 4 months 2 weeks ago #4700

• graham_m
  • Fresh Boarder
Looks like I’m down for pushing off at the hill climb... I thought I’d volunteered for the greens norton10 afterwards. I fancy riding the hill climb again

Time Trials - Step up or cancellations 4 months 2 weeks ago #4701

• robg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I did wonder about that, I'll amend and confirm with Trevor
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham_m
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds