Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Monthly Ride Listing and Leader Volunteer Sheet

Monthly Ride Listing and Leader Volunteer Sheet 3 years 8 months ago #2865

• teamcrane
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Speaking of the Club Runs Sec., can I remind you all that this post will need filling as from the AGM 6th Feb 2015. If you wish to volunteer and take this topic and club runs forward please step up and take the post.
I will of course be only too happy to support you as you learn the job. If you look at that website banner ABOUT US you will see the job role. As to time spent doing the job it all depends on what you are prepared to do to carry the club forward.

My thanks to Julian and Dave for setting up the new link to club runs. Technically the task was beyond me but through working as a team the job got done.

Craig.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: semler

Monthly Ride Listing and Leader Volunteer Sheet 3 years 8 months ago #2866

• Pete Coomber
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I totally with John W, ave speed should be flexible between the set parameters as there are so many variables that can influence a ride, ie wind , rain density of traffic mechanicals, to name but a few. However I think Julian's idea is a sensible approach.

PDC
The following user(s) said Thank You: semler

Monthly Ride Listing and Leader Volunteer Sheet 3 years 8 months ago #2868

• Francis Rodriguez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Keep Smiling :-)
  • Thank you received: 1
Think on this....

B-Ride
B+ Ride
C-Ride
C+ Ride

Now you ask, what about Ride Leaders... I do have a very simple solution.

Let's see what happens at the AGM.

Francis
:woohoo:
B)

Monthly Ride Listing and Leader Volunteer Sheet 3 years 7 months ago #2933

I think this is a great idea. I just thought I would check the sheet tonight to see what is currently filled in .... Am I doing something wrong because I have no entries for Feb or March .... or is this still in progress ?

Monthly Ride Listing and Leader Volunteer Sheet 3 years 7 months ago #2935

• Tessa Cox
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Ian, our view for the last few weeks is that the weather has been too erratic to make an early call to lead. It's all been a bit ad hoc and sorted out in the club room at 9:15!
Last week, for example, we had to choose the A ride (on the triple) but you don't get many other A riders turning out when it's cold and wet so we cobbled together an A-B ride from those that were there and averaged about 13.3mph for 32 miles.
Was it everyone's ideal ride? Probably not but there has to be give and take and no one likes to be dropped from a group (that is benefitting from riding in a group energy/speed wise) and then having to pedal furiously to catch them up. When said catch is made the group has had time to have a drink and sets off at the same speed as before and the cycle repeats itself with the trailing bike getting ever more tired and demoralised. Been there, done that and it's not fun. It's up to the leader/tail-end-Charlie to make sure people aren't dropped off the back and that the pace is set so that they have a chance to enjoy the ride. (I admit, the tandem/triple rides differently to a single as we are fast down the hills and slow up them so we do expect somewhat of an elastic band effect - I'm talking about being well and truly dropped.)
I expect as the weather improves more people will commit to the named rides on the google sheet.

Monthly Ride Listing and Leader Volunteer Sheet 3 years 7 months ago #2936

• Francis Rodriguez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Keep Smiling :-)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Folks,

Just to support Tessa's comments, this is all correct. At the moment it's probably not wise to set things in concrete until the weather is more stable.

Last week there were 18 attendees, 9 on the A/B ride and 9 on the D-Ride. The 3 of us from the C-Ride joined the D and I was spat off the back many times and for many miles; I was a Yo-Yo!

It's not fun, but what do we do if there aren't enough members wanting a cold, wet, icy ride? Once summer comes this will all change.

I'm only keen to maintain a list of folk wanting to lead rides at the moment as I am building the clubs first ever official "A5R Ride Leader Team" ;-)
You've got to inspire the masses haven't you.... if it's no fun, there's just no point; life is too short to make a hobby totally serious, although some do.

My Dad used to tell me, Keep Smiling!
Francis :woohoo:
:woohoo:
B)
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Francis Rodriguez.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds