Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chase the Sun - 2019

Chase the Sun - 2019 3 weeks 5 days ago #4988

• Jonathan Cox
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi Folks

I have perhaps foolishly signed up to ride the "Chase the Sun - North" event on 22 June. The challenge is to ride across the country between sunrise and sunset. The route is around 205 miles with estimated climbing of 10,500ft (3,200 m). It is not a race so you can ride as fast or slow as you wish - as long as you beat the sunset.

I have chosen to ride the North route because it looks to be more interesting (eg. no need to ride through miles of London suburbs) but it does mean starting Tynemouth and finishing in Prestwick.

The event is free to enter (yes - free) although there will be some logistical costs eg. hotels & petrol.

It would be great to have some company - if there are a few of us we can ride together and share the workload.

Tessa has agreed to drive as support for me and we can take 2-3 others (subject to borrowing additional bike racks) and if there are more taking part we can discuss other options for support.

Let me know if you are interested. Details and registration can be found on the event website : Chasethesun.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Chase the Sun - 2019 3 weeks 4 days ago #4989

• semler
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
Interested
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tessa Cox, Jonathan Cox

Chase the Sun - 2019 2 weeks 12 hours ago #4990

• Hoggidog
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
A very bold decision Mr Cox!! Actually it sounds like a really interesting challenge. I will be back by then and have been putting in a few miles on the trainer over the winter (albeit not enough!) - but unfortunately it seems like I may need knee surgery in early April so i am unlikely to be fit enough to ride by then - never mind to get the necessary training in to go that far...
Still I shall be with you in spirit if not in body!!
Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Cox
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds