I have put a form up for marshal volunteers and had a grand total of one reply. With this level of commitment i am not willing to organise events. semler
Please enter dates you are available to marshal on the form HERE.
Marshalling is compulsory for competitors but help from other members is gratefully received.
I've set out the provisional TT calendar for 2019, you can find under 'Races and Training' tab. Last season was pretty low participation and marshals were hard to find, there's quite a few changes for the coming season to try to encourage more riders and to ease the burden for helpers:
- all events are either 5 miles or 10 miles
- a majority of the 10mile events will run on a new out-and-back course from Salcey Forest to Wootton
- for May to Aug, the first week of the month will be a shared event with Wootton Tri club
- there's also 3 weeks where we share the running with 45 Road Club on their Salcey-Quinton course
- a couple of the 10mile events will have an option to ride as 5mile
- as encouragement for less committed testers there's a non-aero event, road bikes only and no pointy hats ...
There's a couple of approval stages before the calendar is fixed, but hopefully there won't be any changes.
I've put a date in the calendar for Tuesday 18th as a meeting to discuss date setting for Time Trials next year. Feel free to suggest alternatives if that day doesn't suit.
|Joel Sweet||16||Corley Cycles||13.46|