Food for thought:
- Cub exists to promote cycling
- I am Race Sec. but am not inclined to partake in club TTs.
- I was encouraged by Club members to enter Ride London
- I didn’t realise there were so many cyclists in the World, never mind London: 29,000 entrants!
- Average at our time trials: 9.5 (& that boosted by Mercedes)
- Club membership about 150
- My guesstimate of clubs in UK: C 500
- Ride London entry divided by UK clubs: 58
- A5R members entering Ride London: 13
CONCLUSION: Ride London is much more attractive to cyclists than our TTs
QUESTION: are we promoting competitive cycling as best we can?
Wekcome & well done Neil & Jane