A5RCC Race Secretary’s report 1/8/2016All racing proceeding normally as far as i know.
Food for thought:
- Cub exists to promote cycling
- I am Race Sec. but am not inclined to partake in club TTs.
- I was encouraged by Club members to enter Ride London
- I didn’t realise there were so many cyclists in the World, never mind London: 29,000 entrants!
- Average at our time trials: 9.5 (& that boosted by Mercedes)
- Club membership about 150
- My guesstimate of clubs in UK: C 500
- Ride London entry divided by UK clubs: 58
- A5R members entering Ride London: 13
CONCLUSION: Ride London is much more attractive to cyclists than our TTs
QUESTION: are we promoting competitive cycling as best we can?
9th July VTTA East Anglia Open 25 mile TT at Newmarket
3 A5 Rangers rode, Very windy conditions,
Dave Stockley 01:14:16
Trevor Parrish 01:10:50
Murray Kirton 01:07:55, 41 min into headwind to the turn and 26 min back with max speed of 35mph on the flat
17th July CC Breckland Open 100 mile TT near Snetterton
Winner Mark Turnbull TORQ Performance 04:36:59
Murray Kirton A5 Rangers CC 05:00:04, Murray's best 100 mile time since 2008